The following is a guest post by Angelina introducing NotAnotherTallBlog.com.
Why My Blog is Called Not Another Tall Blog
Why My Blog IS a Tall Blog
- My blog does come up in the “tall blogs” search results on Google. Yupee!
- Before that, though, first and foremost, I am tall. For the record, I am 6’4″. Pretty much a giant for a female. So, whether I like that or not, I am a tall blogger.
- I do write about all things tall, as, naturally, this is something I take close interest in.
- My “all things tall” posts enjoy popularity. This is the category on my blog that draws most hits from search engines and boosts my stats. Just have a quick glance at the search items that make people land on my blog – you’d be amazed.
- I am genuinely interested in all things tall and follow these topics on other blogs and Facebook.
- I engage with other tall people through various social media, and I really enjoy that. It also gives me material and ideas for future posts.
- I am proud to say that I am now on the radar of some tall fashion brands – whose fashion reviews I have done previously, or am planning to do in the near future.
Why My Blog Is NOT Just a Tall Blog
- There are so many tall blogs already that focus solely (or mostly) on all things tall. I think it is pointless (and impossible) to even try and compete. There is room for all of us on the World Wide Web, but I don’t want to restrict myself to this topic only.
- I am (frankly) sick and tired of people who don’t find anything else to talk to me about. Don’t get me wrong: I am more than happy to talk about all things tall, but beyond the first few conversations, I get bored of answering questions about my height. Somehow makes me feel uncomfortable. And, believe me, there are people who only talk about this – which is why I end up hitting the “unfriend” button. Sorry.
- Every person has got their own interests. Mine are fashion, rock music, and parenting. And more. I do try to look at them from a tall perspective (as and when possible), so the tall theme does glue together many of my posts. But not all of them.
- Most of my friends are short. Which doesn’t make them inferior to me. I love them to bits and would like them to enjoy my posts and find something there to relate to.
- I’d like to think that my blog is different. Perhaps I should have put this reason on the very top of this post:
I hope that Not Another Tall Blog is a blog with a difference.